Goal of the Competition
The goal of the International Competition for Osong BioValley Masterplan is to seek a creative and future oriented masterplan for Osong BioValley that develop into a leading global bio-industry. Osong BioValley must be planned to incorporate the bio-related activities such research, administration, industry, education, medical, culture, tour, service and others.
- The organizer of the competition is Chungcheongbuk-do.
- The promoter of the organizer is Urban Design Institute of Korea
- Je, Hae-Seong(Executive Coordinator)
- Hwang, Jae-Hoon(Asst. Coordinator)
- Lee, Jea-Sun(Asst. Coordinator)
Official Contact Information
- The official contact for the aforementioned competition is as follows
· E-mail : 이 이메일 주소는 스팸봇으로부터 보호됩니다. 보시려면 자바스크립트를 사용 가능으로 해야됩니다.
· Website : http://www.osongbiovalley.kr
- The above website shall be the channel of communications between the Competition Hosts and participants. Any and all information shall be provided by the aforementioned website.
- Times specified in this competition is Korea Standard Time, i.e. 9 hours ahead of the Greenwich Mean time (GMT+9:00).
- The main schedule of the Competition includes the following
· Competition announcement : April 18, 2011
· Site visit and international conference : May 20, 2011(to be posted the details on the website)
· Registration : 10:00 May 20, 2011 to 17:00 June 21, 2011
· Distribution of guidelines and other resources : after 10:00 May 20, 2011(plan guidelines will be distributed to registrants only)
· Question period : May 30, 2011 (Fri) to 17:00 June 10, 2011
· Answers posted : June 13, 2011 (Mon) (to be posted on the website)
· Submission of entries : 17:00 September 21, 2011
· Judging : September 30, 2011
· Announcement of winners : October 5, 2011
· Awards ceremony and exhibition : October 21, 2011
※ Time schedule can be changed. If then, E-mail will be sent to each
participants to notice the changed information along with website.
- Participation shall be open to the public and any person or organization from any country can enter, individually or as a team.
Language and Metric System
- The official languages for the competition shall be "Korean" and "English."
- Plan description report and summary report that are submitted shall be marked up both in Korea and in English. In case of writing a plan description report in one language, you have to write summary report in the other.
ex) Plan description report(English) + Summary report(Korean)
- Registration period : 10:00 May 20, 2011 to 17:00 June 21, 2011
- Registration method : Registration shall be through the Competition homepage
- Registration process
· Participants shall enter all information asked on the registration form at the competition website.
· After the registration, the participants will automatically receive User IDs, Passwords, and the PIN sent to their registered email addresses, and they will have to log into the homepage with their User IDs, Passwords, and the PIN.
All registered participants can download the following resources from the competition website after 10:00 am, May 20, 2011 using their registration ID and password.
· Competition regulation and guidelines
· Q & A compilation (posted on the website after inquiries have been answered)
· Scale-expressed topographical drawing
· Land use
- Drawings and Analysis Map
· Location of the Competition Site
· Extent of BioValley and distances between key locations
· Altitude analysis
· Inclination analysis
· Water systems and river distribution
· Degree of ecological naturality
· Degree of green naturality
· Land Use
· Current land use status
· Current farmland distribution
· Transportation networks
· Photos of the Site and the surroundings
· Aerial photos
· Participation confirmation form
· Declaration of promoter’s terms
· Consent of public exhibition and publication
※ Additional resources plan to upload in website.
- Proceedings shall be conducted for pre-judging and main judging.
- During the pre-judging stage, the Technical Committee shall determine whether submitted plans comply with the Competition instructions and review criteria etc and pass on the results to the Judging Committee.
Reasons for Disqualification
- Falsified credentials.
- The plan is an imitation of pre-existing work.
- Any plan that the Jury Committee has determined as fit for disqualification.
- Any case where registration restrictions are applicable.
Prizes and Awards
- Prizes and awards of winners of the Competition are as follows.
|Award||Medal and prize money|
|1st Prize (1 winner)||Award and prize money of KRW200,000,000,
+the right of design works
|2nd Prize (1 winner)||Award and prize money of KRW100,000,000|
|3rd Prize (2 winners)||Award and prize money of KRW50,000,000|
|Merit Award (10 winners)||Award and prize money of KRW10,000,000|
- The first prize winner is entitled to have negotiation priority related to the follow-up research outsourcing (about 500 million won to be expected) with the organizer.
For more information, see the competition guideline