Goal of the Competition
The goal of the International Competition for Osong BioValley Masterplan is to seek a creative and future oriented masterplan for Osong BioValley that develop into a leading global bio-industry. Osong BioValley must be planned to incorporate the following bio-related activities such as research, administration, industry, education, medical, culture, tour, service and others.
Theme of the Competition
Theme of the Competition : Osong BioValley leading global bio-industry
- Osong BioValley should be planned with providing all relevant bio-facilities such research, administration, industry, education, medical, culture, tour, service and others.
- Osong BioValley should be planned to be a leading bio-industry while considering Osong Biotechnopolis, Osong Biotechnopolis II, Osong Station Area and Osong High-tech Medical Cluster and adjacent areas.
- Participant of the Competition must include the following in preparing their plans and propose a creative and original plan and design.
- Creating global bio-research town
- Osong BioValley should be planned to provide a global bio-research area and environment based on High-tech Medical Cluster.
- Creating global bio-administration and industrial town
- Osong BioValley should be planned to have a global competitiveness in support of administration support system and attract bio-industries.
- Creating global bio-education and medical town
- Osong BioValley should be planned to keep balance between education facilities that create job opportunities by education and academic-industrial cooperation and convergence and integration with medicine and medical devices.
- Creating global bio-cultural and tourism town
- Osong BioValley should be planned to provide cultural tourism such as bio-museum, art gallery, theme park and supply medical tour such as health care institutions.
※ Participants could propose and add another sub-themes, and modify the above sub-themes in line with diverse and creative ideas.
- The Competition site is located in Gangoe-myeon and Gangnae-myeon Cheongwon-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do and has an area of 9,542,000m2+α. 9,542,000m2 includes Osong Biotechnopolis(4,627,603m2), Osong Biotechnopolis II(3,331,701m2) and Osong Station Area(1,582,696m2). When the participant would like to extend its site area to draw a more creative and original plan, the site area is 9,542,000m2+α which adds extra area with 9,542,000m2 within the blue boundary line in Figure 1.
- The boundary of α could be reached to the area within the boundary of Byungcheon and Mihocheon in the east and within the boundary of Jocheon in the west and an administrative district. In addition, α could include the some part of Yeongi-gun, Chungcheongnam-do to the south and neighboring areas below 100meter above the sea level. However, the participant should reflect the established Osong High-tech Medical Cluster Plan and Osong Biotechnopolis Plan.
[Figure 1] Boundary of competition site